January 29, 2013
Daniel Duhigg, D.O., M.B.A. , Assistant Professor; Attending Addictions Psychiatrist, UNM Interdisciplinary Chronic Pain Initiative Clinic, ECHO, and CPC Adolescent Substance Use Disorders Clinic, presents, “Chronic Pain & Psychiatry: An Interplay of Mind and Body.” Dr. Duhigg is also Associate Training Director of the Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship in our department.
Friday, February 1, 2013
HSC Domenici Auditorium, Rm. 1220
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
At the end of this presentation the audience will be able to:
1. Describe the reciprocal relationship between depression and chronic pain;
2. Describe the reciprocal relationship between anxiety and chronic pain;
3. Describe the role of cognitions and beliefs in perpetuating disability from chronic pain;
4. Describe the goals of CBT in the treatment of chronic pain;
5. Describe the risks of opioid dependence in patients treated with chronic opioid therapy.
All psychiatrists, other physicians, fellows, psychiatric residents, medical students and
behavioral health providers are welcome to attend. Admission is free.
For a list of this month’s Grand Rounds, click here.
IDEAS in Psychiatry: Special Presentation
February 19, 2014
Grand Rounds: "Older and Wiser?"
February 17, 2014
Grand Rounds: Stephen L. Read, MD, presents
February 10, 2014